In 2006, an Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) grant was awarded to researchers at Coventry University to create a digital archive of the work of Siobhan Davies Dance. The award is significant in acknowledging the limited resources readily available to dance scholars as well as to dance audiences in general. The archive, Siobhan Davies Dance Online,1 will be the first digital dance archive in the UK. Mid-way through the project, Sarah Whatley, who is leading the project, reflects on some of the challenges in bringing together the collection, the range of materials that is going to be available within the archive and what benefits the archive should bring to the research community, the company itself and to dance in general.
About this Journal
Dance Research, the journal of the Society for Dance Research, is a bi-annual internationally peer reviewed journal. It welcomes high quality original research articles on dance worldwide both historical and contemporary.
The journal aims to engage with current debates on dance and across cognate disciplines with dance at the centre of inquiry. In addition, the journal publishes book reviews, notes on archives dedicated to dance, and selected translations into English of key material on dance.
Read Dance Electronic free online here
Dance and Neuroscience (November 2011)
Editors and Editorial Board
Margaret M. McGowan
Please send books for review to:
Professor Alexandra Kolb
University of Roehampton
Digby Stuart College
Melissa Blanco Borelli
Maria Salgado LLopis
Roland John Wiley
The Society provides a forum for the presentation, discussion and publication of dance research. To this end it organises events and publishes a Journal and a newsletter.
Events: The Society holds regular events for the presentation of the findings of dance research and for their discussion. These include the presentation of papers, lectures, demonstrations and research seminars.
National Film Archives: Dance film and video from the BBC archives has been made available by a joint project funded by the Society. Members may view these free of charge, and by appointment, at the NFA.
Meetings: The Society’s business is conducted at general meetings which are open to members.
Visit the Society for Dance Research website at http://societyfordanceresearch.org/wp/
Please click here to join the Society or renew your membership.
Related Book Series
Dance Research publishes occasional special issues to honour the lives of key contributors in the field. These collections of selected papers are also published as books and are available for stand-alone purchase. Click here for more information on the Dance Research special issues.
Dance Research is abstracted and indexed in the following:
- Academic Search Alumni Edition
- Academic Search Complete
- Academic Search Elite
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Ultimate
- Academic Source Premier
- Arts Media Contacts
- Australian Research Council ERA 2012 Journal List
- British Humanities Index (BHI)
- British Library Zetoc
- CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- Current Contents®/Arts & Humanities
- EBSCO A-to-Z
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH PLUS)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar Metrics (Drama and Theater Arts category)
- Humanities International Complete
- Humanities International Index
- Humanities Source
- Humanities Source Ultimate
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text
- Meta Indexing
- MLA (Modern Language Association) International Bibliography
- National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) website
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Performing Arts Periodicals Database
- ProQuest Arts Premium Collection
- ProQuest Music & Performing Arts Collection
- Publication Forum (JuFo)
- ReadCube Discover
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- SCImago Journal Ranking
- TOC Premier
- Web of Science/Arts and Humanities Citation Index®
- WorldCat Discovery